Dear Parents and Students,
Welcome to the HUSD website. We hope to enhance our communication and connection with the community of Hesperia by using this form of technology.
Our primary focus is to provide a quality educational program in our schools. Student achievement continues to improve. Various opportunities for students to be involved in the performing arts, sports, and community service projects are available to augment learning experiences. We have quality staff that is dedicated and passionate about providing for, and leading our young people.
The Board of Trustees has identified six CORE values that define HUSD:
1. We are absolutely committed to providing a distinguished and challenging learning environment that ensures excellence and achievement for all our students.
2. We believe it is our responsibility to spend the funds entrusted to us to obtain the greatest educational opportunities for our youth while maintaining financial accountability and a prudent reserve.
3. We believe in recruiting and retaining highly qualified employees who maintain high moral and ethical character and consistently exhibit a positive example, exemplary attitude, genuine caring and enthusiasm which promote long-term stability and quality in our educational programs.
4. We believe in promoting strong partnerships and regular communication with parents and community members to help our students maximize their individual potential.
5. We believe that student and staff should be housed in learning and working environments that are clean and safe.
6. We believe in principled relationships and meaningful negotiations with employee groups which advance student achievement as well as both employee and district interests.
We look forward to working with you and your children during the school year.